Happy New Year Everyone!!! It's 2017!!! Today I would like to review a Sulhwasoo skincare set that I tried last year. Sulhwasoo is a a Holistic Luxury Brand blending medicinal herbs through traditional Korean methods. Sulwhasoo draws on ancient wisdom to balance the inner energies that contribute to a nourished, healthy complexion.
Product of: Korea
They come in really cute packaging! It’s the exact replica of the original packaging. It’s just that the packaging are way smaller than the original ones.
First Care Activating Serum
Weight: 8 ml
- This essential regimen boosting serum assures optimal skin care results, promoting balance and replenishing essential moisture and nutrients.
- Membranous Milkvetch promotes natural skin circulation.
- Dwarf Lilyturf and Licorice boost synergy among herbal extracts to restore skin’s natural healthy radiance.
- Absorbing instantly and deep within the skin, this serum leaves the skin soft, smooth and supple, prepares skin to receive treatment and boosts the efficacy of skin care used throughout the regimen.
After facial wash in the morning and evening, pump 2~3 times onto palm and apply with fingertips. Gently wrap the face with hands to help absorption of the product.
I love how it absorbs fast into my skin. I’m not sure how it works since I use a few products in one go, but it didn’t break me out, so that’s good!
Essential Balancing Water
A gel-textured toner for deep hydration
Weight: 15 ml
- Formulated with Korean medicinal herbs, this gel-textured water balances and delivers deep hydration.
- Purslane effectively hydrates the skin
- Matrimony Vine soothes and calms the skin while promoting deep hydration.
After applying First Care Serum in the morning and evening, dispense an appropriate amount of the product onto your palm and smooth it over face.
It has a thick texture for a toner like most Asian products. I don’t prefer thick toner though, but its great for hydration.
Essential Balancing Emulsion
Weight: 15 ml
- Mountain Peony softens skin texture.
- Yai Jiu Hua improves skin clarity by promoting skin's natural circulation.
- Leaves skin smooth and supple.
After applying water in the morning and evening, dispense an appropriate amount of the product onto palm and slowly smooth over face.
The texture is a thick liquid that have great hydrating property. I don’t have to use a moisturizer for my skin since its great for hydration by itself. The texture is quite light and it absorbs fast into my skin.
Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream
Weight: 3.5 ml
- This age-defying eye cream revitalizes skin around the eyes.
- Enzyme treated Korean Red Ginseng Saponin effectively minimizes wrinkles around the eye area.
- Yai Jiu Hua and Honey promotes skin’s natural circulation to combat dark circles and puffiness.
- Hydrating and softening, this age-defying eye cream restores renewed radiance and vitality to the eye area.
After applying serum in the morning and evening, take an appropriate amount and smooth over the eye area by patting with fingertips.
This is a great eye cream. It keeps my eye areas moist and hydrated. I’m not sure if it reduces wrinkle though. Eye creams never broke me out before, including this eye cream. I don’t have dark circles or eye bag right now, so I don’t see any differences.
Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream
A revitalizing cream delivering nutrient-rich Ginseng to the deepest layers of the skin
Weight: 5 ml
- Delivers nutrient-rich Ginseng to the deepest layers of the skin to revive damaged, depleted skin.
- Nutrient-rich extracts from the root and fruit of Korean Ginseng promote renewal and revitalize the skin from deep within.
- Membranous Milk-vetch and White Mulberry strengthen skin's defense against signs of aging and restore clear, radiant skin.
- A luxurious textured cream promoting healthy looking skin while delivering nourishment to the deeper layers of the skin.
Every morning and evening, gently spread an appropriate amount along your skin texture.
The first thing about this product is it smells exactly like ginseng. I actually love the smell. But for those who are not really keen into the scent of ginseng, don't worry as the smell goes off right away. The cream hydrates my face really well, so I only use it at night. I won’t use it during the day because it make my skin a little greasy for the hot and humid weather. It did not break me out. I love how hydrating it is though.
I like the line. It somehow has a luxurious touch to it. The ginseng smell is lovely if you like the smell of herbs. Sulwhasoo is quite hydrating for my combination skin. I prefer to use it in a dry environment (especially in air conditioned environment when my skin starts to peel. I don’t really prefer to using during the day when it’s hot as it make my skin feels oily. My favourite from the whole range is the eye cream.
You can also check out their website as their have detailed description n how to use the product ( including face massaging!)
Pros and Cons
- Great hydration for dry skin
- Absorbs fast into skin
- The smell of ginseng ( can be a con for some people)
- Too greasy for hot and humid environment
I will purchase the the products when I have enough money. Also recommended for dry skin folks out there