You know I'm Asian so, Asians consider fair skin are more attractive unlike Americans, who like to tan their skin instead. Anyways, I have too many tan lines and I want to try to brighten my tan lines. Anyway, I just wanted to try this product because it’s such hype among beauty bloggers.
Weight: 65g each
Product of: Phillphines
Price: SGD10 for 3 bars
- Kojic acid is a by-product in the fermentation process of malting rice, for use in the manufacturing of sake, the Japanese rice wine and popularly known for its excellent whitening effects
- Improves skin texture and skin tone
- Corrects skin discolorations
- Fades discolorations and hyper pigmentations, age spots, freckles, and other signs of sun damage
- Continuous use will result in fairer skin and prevent breakouts
- Suitable for use on both face and body
- Gently heals acne blemishes
- Erases red marks and scars
Pure Kojic Acid, Sweet Orange, VCO, Glycerine, Vegetable Extracts, Vitamin C.
Texture & Fragrance
It smells like orange and has a very pleasant smell with a hint of acidic kinda scent. It also dissolves very fast when in contact with water compared to most soaps. Like, it melts almost instantly.
I would just wash my face and body as usual. I don’t leave it on my face as it stings badly.
This soap is very drying. I even experience bad peeling when I’m in dry, air-conditioned environment. I would only use it once a day, but the drying effect is too much. It’s a very strong soap that really cleans well and the acid’s smell is quite strong as well. Also, it stings like hell. My skin became very tight, as if it sucked all the moisture off my face even though I slather my face with moisturiser to the extent that it hurts to laugh. I’ve tried it for a month, and I noticed not much difference on my face except that it was peeling badly that I got scars on my face so I stopped using it as it caused my skin to peel really bad. I just use it on my body and I do notice my skin is brighter. This soap also dissolves very fast with water and doesn’t last long. I would continue to use this to see if my old scars and hyper pigmentation fade on my body.
Pros and Cons
- Brightens skin
- Smells good
- Did not break me out
- It’s safe to use according to Cosdna
- Dissolves fast and wouldn't last long
- Stings really bad
- Caused my skin to peel
- Peeling caused scars
- A little pricey
- Too strong and drying for sensitive and dry skin
Recommended for people who don’t have sensitive nor dry skin